23 Nov 2014 No Bake Sweet
These cute little cookies have only 4 ingredients and can be prepared in about 4 minutes! They can also be made into fingers by pressing the mixture into a parchment-lined 450g loaf tin (about 10cm x 20cm) and leaving to set before cutting into 16 bars.
M A K E S 22
1. Cut a 40cm length of parchment paper, ready for later.
2. Unwrap the toffees and place in a medium saucepan with the cream and vanilla extract. Warm through on a gentle heat, stirring constantly, until the toffees have completely melted into a thick toffee sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the cashew nuts until completely coated.
3. Working quickly, spread the mixture out with the back of a spoon into a long sausage shape (about 22cm) in the centre of the parchment. Wearing rubber gloves to protect your hands from
the heat, roll the paper up to wrap the mixture, massage it into a neat sausage shape, retaining this length, and twist the paper ends to secure. Lift onto a tray and leave to cool for about 30 minutes, before chilling in the fridge for at least 1 hour until set firm.
4. Once set, peel the paper away and use a sharp knife to cut into 22 slices about 1cm wide.
5. Serve in a pretty pile in a paper-lined tin or on a cake stand or in neat overlapping rows on a long platter. Store for 3-4 days, layered between parchment paper in an airtight container in the fridge.
Photo © Donal Skehan
250g individually wrapped toffee sweets
2 tbsp double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g salted cashew nuts