Yet another fun filled activity to get into the valentines spirit or just on a rainy day. Here is great way to use up your left over potato scraps. A fun filled afternoon of crafts with the kids. You can not only print onto cards but also onto material or different types of paper to make a pretty creation. You can choose your favourite colours or a mixture of colours. Watch my video here to see how I made them!
YOU WILL NEED:
Large potato cut in half
Paint in your chosen colour
Card or Envelope
- Start by cutting the potato in half. Use the tip of the knife to mark out the heart shapes, this will give you a guide line when you start to cut out the shapes.
- Get you paint ready in the paint tray and your tools set up.
- Cut out the hearts by removing small sections at a time from the potato about one cm deep into the potato. If you are doing this activity with kids make sure an adult does the cutting.
- Once you have your shape cut out make sure you dab the potato well with kitchen roll removing all moisture from the potato to ensure the paint sticks. Then apply your paint either using the paint brush or you can dip it straight into the paint. Make sure the paint is nice and smooth over the top of the potato avoiding lumps. Once you are happy with the amount of paint applied print the shape onto your card.
- Once the paint is dry you can write in your card!
You can make what ever shapes and creations you like on the potato depending on the time of year. Have fun creating your own shapes!